When Mr. W. H. Borrowdale was secretary and treasurer, the club took a new lease of life. The committee having purchased the structure used as the officers' mess-room by the Canadian soldiers employed in felling the Beacon Wood, this erected on the river bank as a pavilion, an much energetic labour was carried out by the club officials and members in improving the bathing place. In 1922 the first cubicles were erected and these were added to in 1926 ad 1927, allowing members to have the facilities at their disposal a splendidly-equipped bathing place offering ample accommodation. Two water chutes and a new grandstand were also erected. With a view to further improving the portion of the river used by the club, Mr. Borrowdale, with a band of energetic helpers, started in 1920 to raise the level of the river bank and to clear the river bed by taking up literally hundreds of large stones therefrom. This latter work served a useful double purpose for, in addition to clearing the river bed it was an invaluable means of instructing the young and old alike in diving.
In 1925 the membership had reached the 700 mark. Mr Borrowdale continued as secretary and treasurer until 1928, by which time the pressure of other duties enforced him to resign from the joint office in 1928.
Another gentleman who has been an invaluable officer to the club for a number of years is Mr. Joshua Jackson. Mr Jackson, a real enthusiast and an indefatigable worker, took over the secretaryship of the club from Mr. Borrowdale in 1928 and the continued success and the very flourishing condition in which the club was in is no small measure due to his zealous and capable secretaryship.